Distribution Agreements are used in:
- retail, to manage the relationship between a supplier and the retail outlet;
- information technology businesses, to allow for the resale of code libraries, website themes and other software;
- service providers, to cater to the provision of training programs, software development and even legal services (often termed Reseller Agreements in the services context); and
- wholesale businesses to manage the relationship between the manufacturer of goods and the distributor.
Distribution Agreements may also be referred to as or take on the characteristics of:
- Reseller Agreements;
- Licence Agreements; and
- Supply Agreements,
The points below will give you a starting point:
- What is your pricing model?
- Will you use a price list? How and how often will this price list be updated?
- What are your payment terms?
- How will the product be delivered? And who is responsible for its delivery?
- Will you be providing any marketing material?
- Will there be any limitations associated with the sale of your product?
- Can sub-distributors be appointed?