- Your customers probably expect you to have one.
- By being transparent you protect your business reputation if a data breach occurs.
- If you contract with the Commonwealth Government you are required to comply with the Privacy Act. Similarly state government contracts often bind you to state privacy law.
- You may just accept privacy is important and therefore take it seriously.
- Information about the types of personal and sensitive information held.
- How that information is collected.
- The purpose of collecting that information.
- Details of how that information can be accessed or corrected.
- To whom information is disclosed and include details of any offshore processing.
- How an individual can make a complaint.
- We draft dozens of them and can probably do it a lot quicker than you.
- Having us draft one lets you focus on growing your business.
- Regularly dealing with data breaches and privacy complaints we can pre-empt likely issues.
- We have deep knowledge of data flows throughout businesses and can help you identify the sources and use of personal information within your business.