Intellectual Property includes:
- Trade Marks;
- Plant Breeders Rights;
- Patents; and
What we can help with:
- Drafting Confidentiality Agreements or Non-Disclosure Deeds to help protect the idea behind your IP.
- Drafting agreements with the developers of your IP to ensure you own it. (IP like copyright can only be assigned in writing by the owner. This means you will need a written IP Assignment Deed).
- Where you can’t own the IP, we can draft the right licence to help prevent it from ending up in the wrong hands.
- Ensuring your employees, directors, founders and friends help you protect your IP.
- Implementing business structures help with your Intellectual Property Protection. (It is common to have your valuable IP assets in one entity and your risky trading arm in another.)
- Registering certain types of IP to ensure it is protected.
- Preparing letters of demand to send to infringers of your IP.
What we can’t help you with:
- Registering patents, you need a patent attorney for that. It’s a specialised field.
- IP litigation. We will do everything we can to help you with Intellectual Property Protection, right up to the point of taking people to court. We are not experts in the procedural law but we know people who are.
- Complex trade mark issue, again there are people who deal in this area of administration law (not to dissimilar to court procedure) who can serve you better than us. Just ask and we can point you in the right direction.